I’ve just spent a wonderful day with my literary agent, Tom Evans, who also turns out to be an amazing whizz at all things technical.
I was also accompanied by my wonderful illustrator and artist, PM Rose, and the three of us constructed my new book right in front of my eyes on Tom’s super duper big screen. Tom tells me this is called the Preflight phase but boy do I feel I am taking off already.
Just the Acknowledgements to write now, one last proof read and three more pictures just commissioned and it’s off to the printers and published in time for Christmas !!
I need to pinch myself and reflect on the journey :
- met Tom in June
- submitted proposal to publisher in July
- signed contracts in August
- proof read back from the meticulous Gerry Hyde in extra quick time in August
- book off for cover design in September
- publishing October/November
- who says it’s hard to write a book and get published nowadays?
See my first blog on How I Got Published to find out how it all started …